Thursday, January 22, 2009

Comfort Week : Image

One of my favorite places in the world to visit. The Oregon Coast.
I love how the coast can look during different times of day and how much the tides can change the landscape. But I think I love Haystack Rock most of all. There is something about this particular land form that makes me at ease. And that's why I think this image is a comfort to me. Even though I don't have any images of the Oregon Coast in my home, I still from time to time look through old photos or on the web for my favorite coast line. I think it might be time for a visit. Hopefully the twins will like camping in Oregon as much as I do.

The photo is a Peter Greenburg.

9 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

That is a gorgeous image!!!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Very nice. And by the way, it was fun meeting you this week.

Alli said...

What an amazing photo! I am sure actually being there takes the cake! If I ever get out there I will be sure to visit Haystack rock!

Anonymous said...

We absolutely love the Oregon coast! In fact, I'd asked dh if he could a job in Oregon (when he was finishing grad school) when he was job searching. ;) And we ended up in the mid-west...how did that happen??

Sherrie said...

Beautiful! I've never been to Oregon, but would love to someday!

Austen said...

Great photo. Oregon's also on my to-visit list. One day...

Kathy said...

That is one perfect picture, thanks for sharing.

Amber said...

LOVE those reflections! I would also love to see Oregon someday.

Eva said...

Beautiful image! I got married there! I hope you get to go back very soon!