Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No Coffee?

I told you that you wouldn't hear from me if I didn't have my morning cup of joe!

For the past 3 1/2 weeks I've been sick. That seems like an awfully long time in print and an ever longer time if you are living it. Take my word for it. I had the flu for 10 days and quite literally could not have told you what planet I was on or what day it was. I was delirious in a mix of hot and cold. This was the beginning of coffee tasting like dirt because, well, everything tasted like dirt! Then a small break between illnesses, although still not feeling like myself and then WHAMO! The cold to end all colds. Or so I thought. It turned out to be a sinus infection that whacked me upside the head and left me breathless.

Today was the first day in weeks that I was even tempted to have a coffee. The 6+ bags of cough drops have left me with few active tastebuds and they did not appreciate this assault! I think it will be a few more days until my regular self emerges.

I hold up a white flag to surrender to this infection!

1 comment:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Aww how terrible!! Thanks for the email and I am so glad you are feeling better!