Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Comfort Week : Place

I think the most comfortable place is an ever changing situation. I love camping, and find it very relaxing to be in the middle of nowhere. I also like the high city, ultra urban life. Todd and I lived in downtown Vancouver and we both miss it terribly.

However, being the stay at home Mama these days, I would have to say that the most comforting place for me these days is the kitchen. it is also the most uncomfortable place too! We live in a 1000 sq ft condo with 21 month old twins, a dog, a very fat cat and a Degu. My husband also works from home and I'm starting my own biz as well. So space is at an absolute premium. Most days, there are piles of stuff on the countertops and I have nowhere to cook and prepare food! Oh but when I close my eyes, I have this kitchen (or something close to it)



And here's my attempts at showing my little galley without actually having to show off its nastiness for all to see. It basically needs a stick of dynamite and to be completely rebuilt. It's a 1982 builder special and it drives me nuts!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the way you show your space without actually showing the space. :) It's nice that you have a lot of comfort places. Mine is just home. So you live in Vancouver? That's where I'm from.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I love a good kitchen.

Sebrina Wilson said...

Great pictures! I hear you on the small kitchen front!

Sherrie said...

Nice! Kitchens are busy places for sure! I love the toaster pic. :)

Amber said...

Yeah, I love my tiny kitchen too, but I was not about to show any recent shots of the counters, table, floor -- you get the idea. :)

Alli said...

Kitchens are a running theme...I love seeing everyone's kitchen. I love them, they are such a warm place always filled with wonderful smells and activity.