Thursday, January 22, 2009

Comfort Week : Habit

First thing in the morning, I race out of bed and out the door. As soon as I hit the pavement outside, I feel like everything will be alright. I am at home in my morning routine, my morning run.












RIGHT....
This is something you will probably never catch me doing. (That's NOT me in the picture BTW) I see people out jogging in the dead of winter and I seriously can't wrap my head around it. I mean, isn't the mere prospect of jogging in cold Canadian winter weather the very reason why treadmills were invented??? And with rain a good 9 months of the year on the west coast, I don't think it can possibly be fun. Or feel good.

So instead, I start my mornings with my favorite comforts. Indoors. I have my nice warm shower followed by a breakfast of coffee and toast. Now that's a habit I can be comfortable with.

6 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Lol, this cracked me up!!! Love it!

Sarah C said...

Too funny! And so true - what fun could there be in jogging through slush in -15 degree temperatures?

Anonymous said...

*giggle* I agree...treadmills were invented for those who have to endure bitter winters.

Hungry Janey said...

Agreed! Those morning runners are crazy!

Heidi said...

haha! Our winters aren't quite as cold, but not worth running in! So we have a ski machine which seems rather absurd now that I think about it =)

Amber said...

I wouldn't run unless something much bigger than me (and with sharper teeth) was chasing me. :)