Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where is my subject?

I have been really starting to pay attention to the photographs I like and dislike. I'm trying to find some aim in my still point and shoot attitude towards photography. I have a million or more photos of my little darlings which are great for what they are but they are not the direction I want my skills to take. At least not more than half let's say for arguments sake. I want to document these fleeting times with my young kids but I also wanted to take up photography as a hobby because I needed an outlet.

So far my subjects have bored me. Both in real life and in photos. I have to admit that winter has not been offering me very many opportunities or good subjects!

So I am up for a few challenges, should you extend them. I know to look at an old item a new way- but our house is so small and so taken over toys that it makes it very hard to take a picture of anything without showing my mess too! There are a few signs of life in the gardens around our home and I am hoping they offer me some new perspectives but until it warms up outside I am not inspired! LOL!

I need to figure out what it is that I like to photograph. What and where is my favorite subject?

1 comment:

Sebrina Wilson said...

First start by joining some flickr groups. And look through other peoples photo's when you see a style you like.

For me I love a vintage look.. I also LOVE macro, I love food and self portraits and of course my kiddies :)