Saturday, June 12, 2010

Slower pace

Part of being in a smaller town and the part that I am truly looking forward to is taking things just a bit slower. It is sometimes joked about as being "Island Time" but really- it's just a reduced stress level and taking things as they come. How much more to you really accomplish by tackling 4 tasks at once?

Things I am working on this week in an effort to slow down my own frenzied pace:
1. scheduling one night a week for something truly my own after the kids have gone to bed
2. speaking in a calmer voice whenever possible (it gets really loud here some days to be heard over two 3 year olds!)

I'll sign off with this; nothing quiets the mind like pulling weeds in an overgrown garden.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Hi Sarah!! I have finally gotten my act together and have your item ready for the homemade swap from over a year ago! So can you send me your address so I can send it along? You can email me at aschmidt@dal.ca (do you mind taking this comment down after you get me email). Thanks!